No matter how you choose to feed your baby, Skin-to-Skin has benefits for baby, mom, and dad.
THE BENEFITS OF SKIN-TO-SKIN
Babies need lots of skin-to-skin time with mom and dad in the hospital and at home.
- Calms you and baby.
- Helps baby cry less
- Babies held skin-to-skin are 12x less likely to cry!
- Releases hormones that relieve stress and stabilize baby's temperature, breathing rate, heart rate, and blood sugar.
- Releases a hormone that lowers mom's stress and promotes healing.
- Helps your colostrum (the first milk that is full of nutrients that protect baby) to flow more easily.
- Boosts baby's immune system and protects against illness and disease.
- Builds a strong brain through the smells, textures, and sounds the baby experiences while he's on mom or dad's chest.
- Helps baby gain weight faster.
- Helps mom breastfeed longer by building her milk supply and making her bond with baby stronger.
- Lowers mom's risk of postpartum mood disorder.
- Creates connections between mom, dad, and baby that last a lifetime.
- Gives mom a chance to rest or take a break.
Joeyband™ is not for co-sleeping, and is not a carrier.