Babies need lots of skin-to-skin time with parents in the hospital and at home.
- Calms you and baby, and helps baby cry less Babies held skin-to-skin are 12x less likely to cry!
- Releases hormones that relieve stress and stabilize baby's temperature, breathing, heart rate, & blood sugar. Releases a hormone that lowers parent's stress and promotes healing.
- Helps your colostrum (the first milk that is full of nutrients that protect baby) to flow more easily.
- Boosts baby's immune system and protects against illness and disease.
- Builds a strong brain through the smells, textures, and sounds the baby experiences while on parent's chest.
- Helps baby gain weight faster. Helps mom breastfeed longer by building her milk supply and making her bond with baby stronger.
- Lowers mom's risk of postpartum mood disorder. Creates connections between that last a lifetime.
- Gives mom a chance to rest or take a break. (Source)
Joeyband™ is not for co-sleeping, and is not a carrier.